Take a trip south of the border with the Michelada* beer cocktail. I love the taste of these. It’s a beer with a spicy kick and refreshing dash of lime.
*It’s pronounced “mee-chay-lah-dah”, not “mick-e-lah-dah” as I call it in the video. Thanks to Mitch and Bill for pointing this out. Can you tell I never took Spanish?
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 lager (a craft beer is recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lime wedge
- Optional – replace 6 oz of the beer with 6 oz of Clamato
- Mix the salt and chili powder together in a bowl
- Rub the lime around the rim of the glass
- Salt the rim by pushing it down into the bowl with the salt/chili powder mixture
- Pour in the beer
- Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce
- Squeeze in any remaining juice in the lime and drop it in
Have you had a Michelada? Were you brave enough to try the Budweiser Chelada?