Quick post here. I went to last night’s Great American Beer Festival session, and as you might have guessed, I drank some phenomenal beers. Here’s a rundown.
I started off at New Glarus. Because I had media access I got in line before the main doors open, but they still didn’t stat pouring until 5:30pm. The line was already 15 deep but I made the right call because it quickly grew to over 100. It was insane. And the beer? I had the Enigma – delicious.
Some other highlights:
- Destihl – I missed them last year, but not this time. They had the best sours I tried. Gose needs more salt though. More salt!
- Sun King – Ring of Dingle. That’s all I have to say.
- Three Floyds – Holy crap Zombie Dust. Maybe the best smelling beer ever.
- Deschutes Black Butte Porter Anniversary Vertical Tasting – This was a separate event in the festival. Tasted the 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th anniversary beers. Cool to see the evolution.
- Sam Adams Utopias – It wasn’t listed on their sign and I didn’t expect them to be pouring it, but sure enough the volunteer I went to had a pitcher of it. It really is a good beer for how strong it is.
- DC Brau – Their whole lineup is great.
- Cigar City – You must try the cucumber saison. I was skeptical, but they really made it work.
- Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout – Yes, I did try it. Good aroma for a beer made with bull balls.
There were a bunch more that I’ll mention on my final wrap up post but I wanted to point these out.
Next up: Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting and the Saturday members GABF session. I’m sure they will be pretty good.