The black and tan gets all the credit, but black velvets are just as good. Try this beer cocktail when you’re looking for something new.
Instructions for Pouring a Black Velvet
- Bottle of champagne (If you’re a bum like me, Andre is only $5).
- Can of bottle or Guinness
- Bent spoon
- Pint Glass (a champagne glass is also common)
- Pour Champagne into glass about halfway to slightly more than halfway.
- Slowly pour the Guinness over the back of the bent spoon so it tickles onto the champagne.
- Once the Guinness has settled on top and formed a separate layer, drink it!
Have you ever made a black velvet? Love Andre? Let’s hear about it.